Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Props to Hoda Kotb


I'm a huge fan of the "Today Show," especially the fourth hour with Kathie Lee and Hoda. While I like them equally, this morning, I had to give it up to Hoda Kotb.

The two were in San Antonio as part of a "Today Show" goes on vacation special and there was an animal segment. If you are a "Today Show" watcher, you know Hoda is not crazy about animals. It looks as if she tolerates them for the sake of her job. Well, this morning, Hoda held a buzzard, yes a buzzard, on her cowgirl hat for a couple of minutes. The bird even jumped from Hoda's hat to Kathie Lee's and back to Hoda's. I was nervous just watching.

Hoda looked terrified, but was a real trooper. There were also armadillo, rattle snake and wolf on set.

Interacting with animals would be the one thing that would freaked me out, too, if I were in Hoda's position, and there seems to be a weekly animal segment on the "Today Show." I didn't grow up with animals, so I'm not an animal lover. I could pass a cute dog on the street and ignore it. A sweet kitten could walk between my legs and I would just step over it. Most birds frighten me and let's not even get into farm animals!

But for the sake of not looking foolish, Hoda put aside her fears this morning, as she does every time she's around an animal, and took one for nature.

Props to Hoda!


No comments: